Register British Virgin Islands Company. BVI Incorporation.
Worldwide Incorporation Services specializes in British Virgin Islands company incorporation and opening bank accounts.
British Virgin Islands – General Information
British Virgin Islands – Overview
The British Virgin Islands is a group of fifty islands in the Caribbean forming a British Overseas Territory. The main islands within this group are called Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada and Jost Van Dyke. They have been autonomous from Britain since 1967. While the official name is the Virgin Islands, they are usually called the British Virgin Islands to separate them from the nearby American Virgin Islands.
Advantages of BVI Incorporation
Forming a company in the British Virgin Islands means setting up a so-called BVI Business Company or BVI BC. These are the most popular form of offshore companies in the world. They are available to residents of any country in the world and can be formed as a continuation of another company in another part of the world. There are many benefits to a BVI BC:
- 0% corporate tax
- 0% capital gains tax
- 0% profit tax
- 0% gift tax
- 0% sales tax / Value Added Tax
- 0% inheritance tax
- No stamp duty except for land transactions in the British Virgin Islands itself
- No restrictions on doing business anywhere in the world
- Ability to transfer and repatriate money without fees
- No currency exchange fees or limitations
- At least one shareholder is required to register a company in British Virgin Islands
- At least one director is required to register a company in British Virgin Islands
- Corporate directors and shareholders are permitted
- No need to publicise company directors, officers, owners or shareholders
Register a Company in British Virgin Islands – Legislation
Principal Corporate Legislation
The BVI Business Companies Act, 2004 (“the Act”) as amended.
Type of Law
Language of Legislation and Corporate Documents
Type of Company for International Trade, Investment & Tax Planning
BVI BC (Business Company).
Register British Virgin Islands Company – Key Facts
There is no concept of authorised share capital in the Act. Standard authorised share capital is US$50,000. Minimum paid up share capital is US$1.
Classes of Share Available
Registered shares, shares of no par value, bearer shares, preference shares, redeemable shares and shares with or without voting rights. Bearer shares will be subject to anti-money laundering and due diligence obligations and a company which is authorised to issue bearer shares pays higher incorporation and annual fees.
Restrictions on Trading
A BVI Offshore Company cannot trade within the British Virgin Islands or own real estate there. Banking, insurance, assurance, reinsurance, fund management, collective investment schemes, trust management, trusteeship business provision are not permitted.
Registered Agent Required
Each BVI Company must have a Licenced Registered Agent.
Registered Office Required
Each BVI Company must have a Registered Office, provided by a Licenced Registered Agent.
At least one director is required to register a company in British Virgin Islands. Director can be of any nationality and need not be resident in the British Virgin Islands. Corporate directors are permitted.
At least one shareholder is required to register a company in British Virgin Islands.
Publicly Accessible Records
Nominee Shareholders and Nominee Directors
Location of Meetings of Directors and Shareholders
Personal Presence Required
Double Taxation Treaty Access
Requirements to File Accounts
Requirement to File Annual Return
Time required for BVI Incorporation
British Virgin Islands Company Register – Name of a Company
Language of Name
Words such as “Assurance”, “Bank”, “Building Society”, “Royal”, “Trust”, “Trustee” etc. will require justification.
Name of a BVI Company
The words “Limited”, “Corporation”, “Incorporated”, “Societe Anonyme”, “Sociedad Anonima” or Ltd, Corp., Inc., S.A. must be part of the name.
Register British Virgin Islands Company – Prices
BVI Incorporation Package Includes:
- Company Name Check
- Initial Business Approval
- Preparation of Application Documents
- Company Registration Fee
- Registered Office Address for 1 year
- Registered Agent Services for 1 year
- Government filing fee
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Minutes of first meeting appointing the director(s)
- Share Certificate(s)
- Register of your British Virgin Islands Company shareholders
- Register of your British Virgin Islands Company directors
Starting at: $690
British Virgin Islands Shelf Companies
World’s Largest Selection of British Virgin Islands Shelf Companies with Prestigious Name.
Why Choose Worldwide Incorporation Services?
Register British Virgin Islands Company – Office Addresses
Services related BVI Incorporation | Register British Virgin Islands Company
Worldwide Incorporation Services provides the following services:
- Register British Virgin Islands Company
- Registered Office and Agent Services
- Secretarial Services
- Nominee Shareholder/Nominee Director
- Opening of Bank Accounts
- Full Administration Services
- Mailing Address
- Trademark Registration
- Yacht Registration
Worldwide Incorporation Services | Register British Virgin Islands Company | BVI Incorporation
Tags: British Virgin Islands company register, BVI Incorporation